Schmitt's Grilled Flap Steak
Submitted by Jeff Schmitt – 4S Ranch
Flap/Flat/Skirt Steak (1 to 2 lbs)
Chicken Bouillon Powder
Lime Juice (1 lime) or bottled (to your liking)
1 bunch of Cilantro (chopped to 1” segments)
1) Apply cayenne pepper to your liking on one side of the meat.
2) Lightly apply Chicken Bouillon to other side.
3) Put the meat in a large Ziploc baggie and add lime juice and enough soy sauce so there is liquid in the bottom of the bag.
4) Add the cilantro (there can never be too much cilantro).
5) After all the ingredients are added to the baggie, zip up the bag with air in it. Mix it up really good (over and over) until you can see that all the meat has been coated. Then unzip the bag, squeeze out the air and reseal. Be sure to add more soy sauce or lime juice if you think you need to. Let it marinade for at least 20 minutes (the longer the better).
6) Grill the meat over medium to high heat until you reach the desired temperature – medium rare seems to be our family favorite. Slice the meat into thin strips (approx 1/2” thick).
7) Serve with wild rice, salad, and even BBQ veggies if you like.
Optional: As the kicker, lightly pour your favorite salsa/hot sauce over the top of the meat.
Don’t forget a good bottle of red wine!
The Chefs Behind the Recipe!
Jeff and Sherry Schmitt have lived in 4S Ranch since 2002. They have two beautiful daughters, Emma 12 and Haley 11. The Schmitt’s are blessed to have many friends in the local community who are regular guests at their home to enjoy Schmitt’s Grilled Flap Steak.