Socorro’s Chicken Enchiladas
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons of green Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of cumin
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese or Mexican cheese blend
- Flour tortillas
- Using a meat tenderizer, pound the chicken. If you don’t have a meat tenderizer, you can poke holes in the chicken with a fork.
- Place chicken in a bowl with a lid or a large Ziploc bag. Add the Tabasco sauce, salt, pepper, garlic, lemon juice and cumin.
- Cover it with the lid or zip closed, shake it really well, then place in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours.
- Grill chicken until thoroughly cooked. You can cook it in a pan as well, just add a little bit of olive oil so it doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Once cooked, cut chicken into small pieces.
- On a griddle or frying pan, warm tortillas, place cheese on half of the tortilla, add some chicken, fold it in half and then flip it.
- Remove from griddle/frying pan once the cheese is melted.
- Serve with sour cream and guacamole.
Makes: 6 – 8 servings
Total Time: 30 minutes