Keri’s Protein-Packed Banana Chia Seed Mini Muffins
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 scoops (½ cup) vanilla protein powder
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup and 2 tablespoons Truvia baking blend OR ¾ cup sugar
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray mini muffin tin with coconut or natural olive oil spray.
- Sift dry ingredients into a medium-sized bowl (flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and protein powder).
- Mix wet ingredients (mashed bananas, Truvia, lightly beaten egg, applesauce, chia seeds, vanilla) thoroughly.
- Combine the dry into the wet ingredients by slowly and gently folding in with a spatula.
- Use a tablespoon to distribute the dough into the muffin tin. Rap the pan 3 to 4 times to eliminate air bubbles before placing in the center of your oven.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes, until edges are slightly brown. Cool on wire rack.
Makes: 30 mini muffins
Total Time: 30 minutes
About the Chef
Name of Chef: Keri Quinn
Family Members: Husband – Kelan; Sons – Austin (5) and Wyatt (2)
Interests: Working out, cooking, hiking, gardening, and shopping/redecorating
Favorite Local Activity: Dog Beach/Powerhouse Park
About the Recipe: This is a recipe that packs a lot of protein in a bite-sized muffin. I am always looking for a way to sneak protein into my toddler boys’ tummies. They are picky eaters but these muffins fly off the cooling rack and rarely last more than one day! I used AdvoCare’s vanilla muscle gain because it provides easy-to-digest, high-quality protein. So many of my girlfriends have loved the recipe, it’s become a playgroup favorite. I wanted to share it with our neighborhood to nourish the next generation of 4S residents!
About the Chef: I studied nutrition in college and love that my current career allows me to focus on my family (being a stay-at-home mom) while fulfilling my passion of helping others achieve their health and wellness goals.
Get Published! Submit a recipe at www.92127magazine.com