Waypoint Public’s Pesto Deviled Eggs from Chef Rich Sweeney
Spinach and Basil Pesto
- 2 ounces Parmesan, finely grated
- ½ pound spinach, rough chop
- 1 ounce fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Kosher salt, to taste
- In a food processor, pulse the garlic and the spinach to mince.
- Add the lemon juice, basil, and cheese, and process until smooth.
- Stream in the oil to emulsify, then season to taste.
Pesto Deviled Eggs
- 1 dozen eggs, hard cooked, cooled, and peeled
- ¼ cup spinach and basil pesto
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- Cut the eggs in half, lengthwise. Separate the whites from the yolks, and arrange the whites on a platter or tray to serve on.
- Run egg yolks through the fine side of a box grater, or pulse in a food processor to turn into fine powder. Transfer to a mixing bowl and mix well with a rubber spatula to ensure the yolks are broken down and smooth.
- Add all other ingredients and mix together till smooth and well combined.
- Fit a pastry bag with your choice of star tip (or skip the tip and just use a zip-top baggie as a makeshift piping bag). Transfer egg mixture to pastry bag, then pipe about 1 ½ tablespoons of yolk mixture into each of the egg white halves.
Garnish as you’d like, with a sweet roasted red pepper coulis, some crispy onion strings, a chiffonade of fresh basil – whatever you like! Keep cold until ready to serve.
Makes: 24 pieces
GET PUBLISHED! SUBMIT A RECIPE AT WWW.92127MAGAZINE.COM